Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Getting closer

Got our ride times and we are ready to go for Saturday! Well... except for the whole being clean part :) He was pretty good last night. I think the changes we made in my lesson are REALLY helping! I worked him for 40 minutes and he was pretty tired but still felt like he could do more. I can really tell he is getting in better shape. I also made him look less like a homeless horse and more like a show pony buy clipping his goat hairs and bridle path.
Some people think its weird to give him a day off like 2 days before the show but he really doesnt change at all (unless its a week.. figured that one out! Man on man was he heavy and stiff when I came back!). So he just gets to hang out today and will go back to work for Th/F and show on Saturday then of course he needs another day off since we know he is going to be a star pony at the show!
Friday is also bath/tack cleaning party/Bridesmaids night! I am going to go out to the barn in the morning and give him a short but hopefully sweet ride before hitting the wash rack for about 10 hours it will seem like. Then after work I am going back out to organize all my show stuff, clean all my tack, etc with Alanna! We made it into a party and she is bringing pizza, im bringing drinks, were going to pop Bridesmaids into the tv in our riders room and get it all done in a warm and cozy room at the barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment