Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Monday, June 24, 2013

Everything is just perfect :)

Perfect horse, perfect lesson, perfect trainer, perfect everything! I could not be happier with how our lesson went tonight and it was a great kick start to our final week (or days) before Inavale! Of course perfect does not mean easy but nothing worth having is easy right?

Big goal for our test is to ride it like it is a 2nd level test. We worked on getting him to respond to my half halts by rocking back onto his hind end instead of just plowing down and getting heavier in my hands. Once we established that everything fell into place including a beautiful canter to walk (YAY!!)!  It is always super fun to have a lesson where you can really feel the differences. You dont realize how bad something feels until you feel what it is like to ride it nicely! Everytime Mary would say "There did you feel that?" I couldnt help but smile and laugh because I TOTALLY could. The difference is amazing and he felt amazing tonight. By the end he was really rocking back, sitting, and light in the bridle (even on my right rein!). Its hard not to leave a lesson smiling after feeling how great he felt!

 I am getting SUPER excited to return my focus to showing solid 2nd level this year after Inavale. He is riding and feeling better than ever and I want to keep that up. Plus I still dont want to push his too hard over fences. Depending on how this weekend goes we may do another 3 day in September but will tone back the jumping (will still do some though) in July at least. I was really hoping to go to Lake Oswegos recognized dressage show in August but I found out its the same weekend as our annual family camping trip (uncles/aunts, cousins, grandparents, etc). I have my eye on a league show at the end of July. Then I am planning on (as long as I have money) getting my first level scores at Devonwood at first level in September at the open class day at champs. I do want to get my bronze medal some day :)

Pony after our lesson tonight :)

On another note (about perfect things of course!) a BIG congrats to our best friend and partner in crime on her purchase of her dream Welsh Cob filly by Cardi!! Pony and I will be waiting for our pas de du :) For those that dont follow her already you can see her adorable pictures on her blog at http://pony3express.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are going so well for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've entered the Midsummer Nights II show; would love to say "Hi" if we are there at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...thanks for giving us a shout out in your "perfect" post. 3 more years and we will be riding together. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous horse! Love your happiness :-D. Great quote on your header.

    ReplyDelete