Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Sunday, January 1, 2012

What does 2012 have instore for us?!

Giving 2011 a kick good-bye! Mystic pony as a baby :)

It still doesnt feel like it is already January of 2012! I have both a happy and depressed feeling about it. Im happy because that mean show season is that much closer and I seriously cannot wait! However I am depressed because it means I am almost 19... when did I get so old? Im not sure that I like growing up that much. I could spend the rest of my life as a 17 year old and be happy as a clam!
Anyways, here are some of my horsey goals for 2012. Some of them are more hopes, such as ones that are dependent on how we are progressing and how much money I have, but im hoping to accomplish some of my main ones at least!
2012 Goals:
- Compete Mystic at 1st level with scores in the mid sixties by the end of the season
- Qualify and compete in ODS League Championships
- Continue working on brideless work!
- Begin jumping him again the spring. XC schooling and competing in one days/derbys
- Work on conditioning him (and me!) more
- Compete in a 3 day late in the season (this one is a hope!)
- Attend more clinics (another hope!)

I am really going to focus more on getting him further in his dressage training for the first part of the show season. Of course it will continue with our lessons and such but I want to get him out and compete him through all first level (I have never competed higher than First test 1) and get him doing all first level movements well on a consistent basis so next winter we can hopefully start some 2nd level work. Although I still plan on competing him at some dressage shows after championships in June I would also like to take him to some one days, derbys and go cross country schooling. From there we will see where we are at over fences wise and decide whether Caber is do able or if we should wait another year. I am SO excited to see what 2012 has in store for us and cannot wait to get out showing again with my pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment