Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

NQR

Pony and I have had some rough dressage rides recently and I am not sure whats up. He isnt lame, acts the same on the ground, is fine when we just plunk around, etc he just doesnt feel 'right' when I try to put him together. The hard part about it is that there is literally nothing wrong from the outside but to me he just hasnt been the same horse. After a frustrating ride yesterday I decided to tone it way down and just have some fun, easy rides through the State Fair next weekend and see how he comes back after that. I am not sure if he is body sore or just needs a break and some r & r from harder dressage work but its not worth pushing it to me. It has also been really hot here recently and he does not do well in the heat, he turn into a princess! Hopefully with a little rest and lower temperatures we can resume work and find our happy place again but until then we will enjoy some trail rides, bareback, field hacks, and basic arena work.

I have been house sitting about 40 minutes away so Mylo has gotten the shaft this week besides a little time here and there. A friend gave me three huge bags of apples and he has thoroughly enjoyed devouring them. Sadly we have to miss our show this month (same that he went to last month) because Alanna and I will be at a country music festival but he will get to go again next month. I had plans to take him to Perrydale Trails, outside trail obstacle place, on Sunday but I got this job after we made the plans and I am not sure if we will make it. If we do, I am sure it will be quite exciting with two babies!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Heat always kills Connor too. Hopefully that's all it is!

    ReplyDelete