Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Friday, August 8, 2014

Plugging along


Not much new has been going on recently. I was out of town last weekend at a family camping/boating trip so Pony got ridden by one I my friends from the barn whose horse is currently lame. Last night I hopped on bareback and we jumped a little in the field just for a change in our routine and he was great! He is at a point where he saves me over some fences which is a really nice quality to have :) I try not to leave him hanging but sometimes it's easier to just say "I'm not sure what is going to happen but please get me out of this awful distance alive!". Being barebck also helped me get a good feel of the canter I need to get from him for a nice jump. I could feel everything so when a distance was off it was a super ugly fence. By the end I knew exactly hat canter I needed and we ha some really nice, adjustable rides. Tomorrow is Mystics SEVENTH birthday... Where has time gone?! Seriously, he was just 4 and plunking around at training level. What a ride we have been on!

Mylo continues to hang out and pig out :) I swear that horse eats enough for a horse twice his size! On the 15th I will have had him for 2 months already. I'm totally ready for him to be 3 and ready to start under saddle. 
Check out that face though... How adorable?!

No comments:

Post a Comment