Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Sunday, May 6, 2012

What a ride

The title refers to both life with horses and our wonderful trail ride today!

Mystic and I went on a 1.5 hour trail ride today with a couple barn friends. I finally learned where "the loop" is! The last time Alanna and I tried to ride this loop it took us over 3 hours to get home and we ended up way down the gravel road... NOT where we wanted to be! He was really good but was also super tired by the end. Keeping up with those big TBs is no easy task for this 'little' 14.3 hand Gypsy pony (haha I know you love it so much when I call him my pony Debi!)! I am going to try to take him out there once a week to work the hills with him and get him in better shape, it will only help our dressage work and make it much easier when we start jumping again! We have a lesson tomorrow that I am really looking forward too also!
on our trail ride
After a semi spa day today!
 Sky is looking a little sore today from her adventure off the property yesterday. Very minimal but she will still get the next 2 days off to re coupe. She was very happy to be able to return to her grass tonight!
I have come to the conclusion that having/riding/dealing with horses will easily take 15 years off my life just from the stress they cause me! They will also make sure that they keep lots of room in my bank account in case I win the lottery. I mean they wouldn't want to let me keep too much in there just in case right?! They truly are the best and worst thing that have happened to me, luckily the best out weight the worst most of the times :)




No comments:

Post a Comment