Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Show Time

And just like that we are heading out to our next recognized dressage show up at DevonWood tomorrow. It is crazy how time flies between shows, it feels like just yesterday we were heading up for our first one! A friend who is also showing (and who we have taken XC lessons from in the past) is hauling Pony up for me tomorrow afternoon. We then ride both our first level tests on Saturday at 9 30 and again at almost 12 before just being able to hang out and watch our friends ride! Sunday we ride our second level test at 9 in the morning and then are done. Heres to getting our last qualifying rides needed for championships and getting our last second level test score for our bronze, we will obviously still need our 3rd but its cool to think we are 2/3 of the way there!


Honestly I am just super excited! I havent been nervous at all so far. I feel like I have a totally different horse from a month ago. And I mean that in the best way possible! He feels GREAT and we are finally getting some real lengthenings. We had a fantastic lesson on Monday and got some seriously nice collected canter work which led to even better simple changes without him dropping his shoulder. As long as I ride him well throughout the entire test we definitely have the ability to do even better than last month. I am excited for yet another horse filled weekend with lots of friends :)


1 comment:

  1. 2/3 of the way done with your Bronze medal in two shows. That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete