Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Being Thankful

As I read Andrea and Gogos blog this morning I had to think to myself how thankful I am to have my horse sound and happy. Andrea really did everything she could for her mare and this decision  was not easy for her at all (speaking from experience...). I think a lot of times horse people who are not around or aware of soundness issues because their horse is always fine forget to be thankful for that. A horse cannot get around on 3 legs. Yet we use them hard and expect them to be fine and often times dont think about issues arising. This morning after reading their blog I headed out to the barn and just spent some quality grooming time with my boy knowing that I will be back out tonight to ride. Something that some people can only dream about being able to ride their steed again due to some kind of injury. So today I am just feeling thankful and blessed to have a sound and healthy horse. Its a good day to just take some time and go out to hug your pony because you never know what tomorrow may bring.
The weekend we picked him up

A couple years ago before I brought him home! He was just two here

First day of the rest of our live together :) It will be 1 year on the 31st

I love him <3

No comments:

Post a Comment