Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Monday, September 10, 2012

Houston, we have a plan!

I headed out to the barn decently early (for me on a late start day!) this morning since I am back to being worried about my pony. I brought him in from the pasture and took him straight to the arena to see what he looks like on the lunge line. Honestly, it could go either way! But I am seeing a slight unevenness on his left hind (the one that pops the most). He go forward, can walk/trot/canter, and definitely isn't dying but.... it still worries me! Especially since this is the 2nd time in the last 3 weeks.

So... of course I called my vet. We are going to try the injections one more time, since she said it could just be him growing, but if this same thing happens again in to OSU we will be going! Because the stifle in general is so thick, then you add on it being a Mystic Pony stifle, she wouldnt be able to do the xrays at our barn. If it came back as he had something he would have to go into OSU anyways so they might as well do the xrays and know more about him to start with.

The downfall of this whole timing is that I am leaving for Nashville on Sunday. For a week. The up side is that I will be gone for a week and he will just be able to rest.

Since he was still off today he had to suffer through me washing his tail and feather :) I feel like that was a fair trade! So at least he is a somewhat clean unusable pony instead of a homeless looking one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment