Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Monday, December 31, 2012

2013

What a year 2012 has been. I still cannot believe it is already almost 2013, where did all this time go?! Horse wise 2012 didnt treat us too bad. I definitely didnt get to do as much as I wanted, but did very good in what we did get to do. I am hoping that 2013 will bring us bigger and better! Like actually being able to compete at a 3 day and a recognized dressage show. I have wanted to do these forever and yet havent been able to.

I did find a home for my OTTB rescue mare Sky earlier this year. As much as I love rescuing horses I hate the rehoming part. Not only do you have to deal with a bunch of nutty horse people but also with the fact that you might never see that horse again. As much as I try to stay detached from them it is very hard. With this I would also like to add that I have not gotten another rescue or another horse and it has been over 6 months! Im pretty sure this is a record. Its not for lack of seeing horses I wouldnt take but because I know that if I take on another the list of things I could to do with the pony will get smaller and smaller.
Last day with Sky

This year I really understand how blessed I am to have this once in a lifetime horse. I have obviously always known I was lucky to have him but this year was the icing on the cake. I do things with this horse that most dont dream of doing with their own! It is a blessing to be able to go out and ride in any kind of weather, anytime of day, with as much or little tack as I want and trust that he will take care of me. I hear so many stories of people and their horses and how "oh I cant do that because my horse will freak out" or "my horse spooks in this corner all the time" or "we need to get to the show 3 hours early so my horse can settle in" and I just thank Mystic that we can get to a show 30 minutes before our test and pull out a 70 percent, that I can ride bareback and bridleless in a rain/wind storm, and that he tolerates all my "oh this would be fun to try" moments :) Thank you Mystic for keeping this adventure fun!

A big ole good bye to 2012! Heres to hoping 2013 is bigger and better!



1 comment:

  1. Happy new year! I hope that 2013 is a bigger and better year for you! Your so lucky to have Mystic and I know what you mean as I am 1000% this way with the horse I ride!

    ReplyDelete