Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Going crazy

Both the pony and I are going crazy. Pony going crazy over food, and me going crazy over the ponies new attitude! It is actually pathetic, and quite irritating, how much he has changed since getting his grazing muzzle on (while on pasture). If I thought before that his thoughts every waking second were all about food I was wrong. He is obsessed. Like walking down the road ripping the reins out of my hand, running me over to get into his stall, etc.

We had a mediocre ride tonight. He tried really hard to not be forward. Normally I just need to get onto him in the beginning of our ride and he gets the idea but today he didnt. I kept the ride short and quit after I got some nice work as I didnt want to push him if he was feeling a bit off. Back to the drawing board for tomorrow! Hopefully we will have a better ride and he gets over his food obsession soon. If it doesn't he might just get his way! I am scheduling a vet visit in the next two week for his yearly vaccines, dental, check up so I will see what she has to say about it also!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like the pony is pathetic. He will survive. :) I will be out tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they ever get over food obsessions! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds a bit like an addict that needs rehab. Hope you guys get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete