Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Monday, December 2, 2013

What do people w/o horses do?

I have not been able to ride Pony for a week now and its driving me somewhat insane! It makes me wonder what people who dont have horses do with all their time?! Im not saying that I have but I am also not saying I havent spent way to many hours on Netflix this last week. I tend to watch and rewatch tv shows. So ive been marathoning on a show that has like 4 seasons (even though I have watched them all already and am current on what is playing live on tv haha).

Pony is doing better than a week ago which is a positive! He is stall bound now because it started raining and the paddock got closed. I hand walked him on Sunday for like 20 minutes and threw him on the lunge line to see what he looked like. He was much better! Still lame but almost sound looking tracking left and slightly off tracking right. I got a text from our BO this morning saying her husband turned Pony out this morning which I was slightly worried about. He wasnt supposed to go out and I stressed a little about it but I figured if he was going to be that much worse then it is something that need more attention anyways. I went out after work tonight and thankfully he looks no worse for the wear! That being said he is on strict orders to stay inside. No need to chance it, we have work to be doing if we want to hit Devonwood in the spring!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I so agree! I would not know what to do if I got off at 5 from work and didn't have the barn to go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wonder what people do! I get off just before 6 and got straight to the barn but with not being able to ride I'm still home around 7!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way whenever I can't ride! It's lke "okay this is great!" for a day or two and then I'm just plain bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was nice for a few days to be able to just relax, or do some of my huge pile of homework, but now I just want to ride!

      Delete