Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Xc Schooling!

Ahhh... I never updated on how cross country schooling went! Of course it went awesome as usual! The only sad part was that they let the water complex drain so we didnt get to school that. Although I think he would have gone in without a fight it is my biggest fear that I will have another horse that wont go into water so it would have been nice to school it again. Oh well there is always next year! We added some new challenges this time and he responded well to all of them! We did up banks, down banks, ditches (again), some small courses, etc. We even threw in some "scary" fences. He did stop at one, but after he got over it he didnt stop at it again. I cant really blame him since he is still figuring out where to put his legs and how to get over them well and all. I will attach a video to watch!

We are going to slow it down with him a little this winter. He worked really hard all summer and is progressing VERY well in dressage. So we will keep going but wont do as much as we have been doing. Then when next spring comes in when he is closer to 5 we will kick things back up and start showing 1st level dressage and by August I hope to take him to a 3 day event as long as all goes as planned (which it rarely does!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLN3xsoEcNM&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. You are a slacker blogger! :) We don't even get pictures...or a Sky update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know because I have to get all the pictures from you off facebook and I havent done it yet so I cant upload them here! And I got pictures of Sky today with my phone!

    ReplyDelete