Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

No so long later...

We have freezing temps and expected snow again (we NEVER get this much snow!)... I sure did like all the sun we were having! It was freezing cold tonight and yet I still talked myself into heading out for a productive, yet shorter, ride. It may have been in the upper 20's but with the windchill it was in the teens!

I tacked Pony up quick, before I could change my mind and ride bareback, and and layered up on clothes including a full horse cooler! Although I have a quartersheet it wasnt going to cut it tonight so I jerry rigged my cooler over the both of us and rode with it. We didnt work too long (mostly because a friend brought her mare out to walk with us. She hasnt been out much due to getting her house ready to sell so we were catching up) but I got some really nice work and our friend even commented on one of our beautiful canter to walk transitions and how much he was sitting with his hind end! Go Pony!


Since the temp is supposed to keep dropping over the next few days and with the predication of snow and freezing ice I am fully prepared for short trips to the barn. Either hopping on bareback or quick trips just to check on him. Part of me really wants that ton of snow we had back in December so I can hook him up to a sled but the other part is totally ready to not be freezing cold! I love nothing more then my warm fuzzy blanket in my cozy bed and this love is exaggerated on cold days. It took a lot of talking myself into going out to the barn tonight when all I really wanted to do was crawl in my bed and get warm! Once I get on it is always worth it but it was COLD tonight and my thighs are still thawing out!

2 comments:

  1. I rode the first three days of this week but will now have to wait until my arena footing thaws to something less concrete-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horse is so beautiful!! Stay warm and cozy and careful on the ice!

    ReplyDelete