Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Sunday, October 20, 2013

I want an upgrade!

I am SO wanting to get a new jump saddle. Like really bad! I have let myself play with the idea that if Tolo sells I could get one but havent convinced myself that it is essential to us at this moment. My current one is very basic and doesnt offer me any support which I have learned to ride with pretty good, if I do say so myself! It fits pony okay, not perfect but not awful, but it is definitely time for an upgrade. The problem is that both him and I are harder to fit. Him being wide and my legs being super long. I also still wont have $3500 to spend on a super nice one (and dont know that I would really want to! So much money!) but at this point even a $1000 will be a nice upgrade! It is so hard to look up reviews online because in my price range that I am looking at a lot of people give reviews that now own Antares, Cwd, etc that are obviously going to be nicer all the way around. I think when the time comes I will try to go around and sit in several near by or even get some through Smart Paks test ride program and try to find what I like used.

Obviously this is if Tolo sells (find out tomorrow if that lady that tried him yesterday is going to have him vetted) and if my dog (the same one that has already had a full hip replacement and a TPLO sx on his knee, all on the same leg) turns out to not have re done his knee and need yet another $4000 sx... it never ends does it?!

3 comments:

  1. I;m always of the opinion that since saddles last a lifetime if taken care of, it is, ultimately, cheaper to buy a more expensive one rather than to buy a cheap one only to replace it a few years later with yet another.

    Buying a new saddle is a huge decision though :( I hope you find what you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fiancee's horse is very wide so he got a Duett Foxhunter. It's very comfortable, affordable and fits wide horses very well. http://duettsaddles.com/category/jumping/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with black country saddles. I made the mistake of sitting in my friends and realized what i am missing out on. Really narrow twist, solid position, feels almost bareback. Then I saw the price tag and my heart sank. Luckily i discovered Preloved UK. They have tons of british made saddles for half the cost of US saddles. With shipping I will make $1,000 if the one I ordered doesn't fit. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete