Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mr. Sassy!

The poor pony has been neglected for the past 4 days. I headed up to my dads house in West Linn for a late birthday celebration for the weekend and came home sick. So Monday and Tuesday I went straight home from work/school and got in bed. I actually did go see him on Monday but just brought him in and fixed his mane.

I went out to ride tonight and boy was he full of it! It is funny how much he is changing. I used to be able to give him 2 weeks off and you could get on him and he would plunk around like he was an 80 year old man. Now that he is getting fit and knows his stuff more he acts like the 2 boards on the wall that are different colors are going to eat him and the slug on the wall is horse eating for sure! He is unrealistic in the fact that he acts terrified but he works out of it fine. I actually enjoy it. After he got over the different boards (which are new as the walls just got redone) we had a nice forward ride. I think he is liking his new bit.

This morning I had to stop by the barn on my way to school to grab my dressage saddle so I could ride my training horse in it. On my way out I rolled down my window and was talking to him. He stopped grazing and came right up to the fence looking for his cookies (of course I had some)!

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh. Maybe he and Chevy have been talking. Although Chev didn't spook at the new arena boards. Mystic is getting creative. lol

    ReplyDelete