Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not to shabby

Today was Skys second day of lunging and it was better then yesterday which is a good sign! I felt kind of bad just slapping the side reins on, and on pretty good to, but otherwise she just throws her head straight up in the air and really just doesnt listen. I feel like she is going to be a horse you really have to be on top of to keep her going well and focused. She tends to get mad sometimes so it is nice to have the side reins there so she can throw her fit but have a steady contact like the reins would be to tell her "nope I actually want you here". Her fits today were much shorter and less dramatic then yesterday also. That is the hard part about having a 7 year old race horse, their only expectation was to run fast and that is all that has been expected of her for the past 5 years or so. Now I need to change the way she works. When she is going well she actually seems to be consistent and doesnt fight the side reins and just goes at a nice forward round trot. She really has potential to be a super nice horse under saddle. I am thinking about having her tag along to Mystics dressage show this weekend just to get her out. It would be nice if I could lunge her there a little but I dont think that will happen. At least she can tag along and learn that she can stand still while waiting and see her new scene of work while she is with me at least! Here are some not so great pictures from today as I was by myself.





Im sure I will update more tonight after watching Mystic and Alannas lesson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment