Pages

2013 Memories

2013 Memories

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beautiful day!

The ponies are all in heaven with this nice weather. Blankets come off, lots of pasture time (not that Mystic isnt on pasture everyday anyways but its always more fun in the sun!), and usually involves a nice trail ride. Today was no different and Alanna and I hit the trail with Mystic and Roz. It was still a little breezy but the sun was out and it was gorgeous! We rode 4 miles up in the hills. It really is a great mind break for them and also a good hind end work out even if we just walked.


I was just realizing today that we have less than 3 weeks till the expo. Then all the thoughts of "why did I enter us?!" "what am I thinking?" etc start coming to me! I know we will be fine even if he decides something there will eat him but it is different then anything I have ever prepared for. Then not exactly knowing what to train or expose him too, etc is all a mystery. It will be here before I know it!

Tolo continues to progress each day in leaps and bounds. He got LOTS of pasture time today and was such a happy boy when I went to get him. He has never been a fan of coming in from the pasture so I was prepared to have a little 'chase' around the pasture before he let me catch him, especially since he just started going out. I walk out to his gate and call him and to my surprise he stops grazing and walks right over to me. I think my heart melted :) he was super sweet! I brought him in a brushed him and he ate up all the attention. I am thinking we will be riding sooner then I originally thought but only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment